3M™ Disc Back-up Pads provide the firm support required for grinding applications. This new upgraded product features a one-piece design that helps reduce the chances of losing parts around the shop. Recommended for use with 36+ grit 3M™ Cubitron™ II Fibre Disc 982CX Pro, with ribs that increase unit pressure and optimize abrasive performance.
Ribbed Design for Higher Pressure For optimal abrasive performance, it’s important to choose the right disc back-up pad for your application. This 3M™ Disc Back-up Pad is ribbed around the entire face, which increases unit pressure when grinding. This extra pressure helps optimize fracturing of the 3M Precision-Shaped Grain in our 3M™ Cubitron™ II Fibre Discs, leading to improved cutting speed and product life. Added Stiffness for Heavy Grinding Match your disc back-up pad to your application: for lighter grinding and finishing applications, choose a disc pad with a lighter density. For heavy grinding with coarse grade discs, choose our 3M™ Disc Back-up Pad Ribbed. The extra hard, stiff density of this upgraded back-up pad is the ideal solution when beveling and grinding large welds. The Full System Advantage 3M™ Disc Back-up Pad Ribbed is part of a complete right angle system. When you combine this upgraded disc back-up pad with 3M™ Cubitron™ II Fibre Discs or select Scotch-Brite™ Abrasives, and a 3M™ Pneumatic Angle Grinder, you’re setting yourself up for a new level of productivity. When used together, the effectiveness of each component is enhanced to provide optimal abrasive performance — including abrasive life, cut-rate and consistency.
- One-piece design for added convenience
- Can be used with some nonwoven Scotch-Brite™ Abrasives
- Available in 4.5”, 5” and 7” diameters to accommodate corresponding fibre disc diameter
- Extra-hard face plate designed to get the most out of your coarse grade fibre discs
- Ribbed face plate designed to increase unit pressure
- Low-profile design will fit most tools and guards.
- Spacers allow for easy height adjustment
- Simple one-piece design means a lower price, fewer lost parts and easier ordering than two-piece face place and disc hub
- Compatible with TN quick-change attachment systems
- Threaded design allows for easy, secure attachment to tool
- Recommended for best performance with 3M™ Cubitron™ II Fibre Disc 982CX Pro and 3M™ Pneumatic Angle Grinder